I hate jumpsuits. There. I said it. Yes, they are so adorable in summer, and winter versions look so well put together. One always feel smugly snug in a winter jumpsuit, whilst one watches others shivering in their sexy but totally impractical dresses. That is, until one has to go to the bathroom.
It is that moment, when the horror hits – you walk into the stall and suddenly realise that relieving yourself is not going to be the quick hover-wee-pat-pat affair that it normally is. No. This time, you have to wrangle yourself completely OUT of said jumpsuit. Usually some feature of the jumpsuit requires one to go bra-less. As you sit there, your boobs hanging out and freezing cold, it is one of the most vulnerable moments – at least I think so. You just feel so…naked.
This is why I only own one jumpsuit. The outfit below is actually a two piece. Monochrome looks to me, are one of the quickest ways to feel elegant. Channeling the sentiment of the jumpsuit whilst avoiding the vulnerability of one.
- Bardot bustier – I love the structure and little details of this bustier, but surprise surprise, have not worn it since I purchased it a couple years ago. I didn’t quite know what to do with it. Cropped bustiers and skinny jeans feel way too…exposed for me. Baring a few inches of tummy is not something I feel comfortable with, especially when I am headed out for dinner. Skirts and bustiers feel too OTT. But when I looked at my trousers and came upon my culottes…ahhh. Next time, I may pair this with some draped trousers I have, for a twist.
- Zara culottes – I shied away from culottes for a long time. Being only 5’3″ can have its challenges, and I wasn’t sure I could carry them off. Of course, until that one time when I was shopping mindlessly, and convinced myself that I could. Carried these home, wore them once with flats (what was I thinking?), stuffed them in the back of my closet. Loving them with heels though!
- Portmans black blazer, casually slung on one shoulder. In reality, I spent the whole evening buried in its velvety warm depths because I am a wimp and don’t like being cold.
- Those Zara heels from a previous post.
- Gold hammered earrings from Bolivia, a gift from my partner
I anticipate Sunday to be a day of self-care. Boxing in the morning to nourish the muscles, pottering around my garden in the afternoon to nourish the soul. I’ll be back on Monday with day four of outfits. Happy weekend!